BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Life is damn good!!

Who could have known what a weight it was until it was lifted?

The insurance on my D.O.H. (Dirty Old Ho) was costing me $120 a month. I couldn't insure her up here until I made her legal. Of course I didn't have the $229 to transfer the title into my name, register & plate her. I could have saved myself $20 or so by leaving it in his name but I wanted it to be mine, all mine. Finally, with the tax money, I was able to do this. I paid the insurance for a year just so I don't have that bill hanging over my head, so I went from $120 a month payment to a full years worth of insurance for a one time payment of $315. That saved me $1,125 for the year!!!

I never had to think about these things before. For the first time in my life I have had to be the responsible adult. I spent 17 years being handed a stack of bills with an amount due written on the envelope. He always did all that. He worked, I stayed home with the kids. Then the tables got turned. This has been a huge adjustment for me. I feel like a kid just starting out on my own in life, not only am I not a kid anymore but I have 3 kids of my own to think about.

People say to me all the time "You are so brave." "I don't know how you do it." "I admire your strength."

Well, the truth is, I don't feel strong, I don't feel brave. And I just do it because I have no other choice but to do it . What are my options?

Noone can possibly know or even understand the years of hell I went through with that man. I will take this life over that life any day!! I will take these struggles & these fears over those struggles & those fears for the rest of my life. Never again will I let someone treat me that way, never again will I lay down for someone.

I am truly happy today. I have nothing hanging over my head. I feel at peace in my heart & my soul :) !!

0 comments: