BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 6: Superheroes

Favorite superhero & why.

I had a hard time with this one. I was trying to remember what my favorite superhero was when I was a kid. All I could think about are the superhero movies of today, which I love them all. Comic book characters & stories make for excellent movies!!

Then I did have a memory, of Wonder Woman.

When I was 7 & my brother was 5, my mom sent us to live with our dad in Jacksonville, FL for a few months. We were there over Halloween. I badly wanted to be Wonder Woman & Jesse wanted to be Super Man. So our dad got us those all plastic body suit costumes with the face mask, you know the ones I'm talking about. I can almost smell the plastic just thinking about it.

For days after Halloween we wore our costumes, running up & down the sidewalks in the apartment complex he lived in. Pretending we were Wonder Woman & Super Man, we would save the world & we would save ourselves.

I fell & ripped the knees out of my costume, I was so so sad over that. To this day, I still wanna be Wonder Woman, I still wanna save the world, including myself & my children. But I don't cry over skinned knees anymore, or bruised hearts.

0 comments: