BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 4: Habits

A habit that you wish you didn’t have.

What exactly is a habit anyway? We automatically think that all habits are bad, there are good habits, there are good habits that we wish we didn't have too. So, I looked up the word habit to get a more clear picture on what I am writing about here :P . Here are just a few explanations of the word:

* manner of conducting oneself
* the prevailing disposition or character of a person's thoughts and feelings : mental makeup
* a settled tendency or usual manner of behavior
*
an acquired mode of behavior that has become nearly or completely involuntary
* addiction

Are habits easy to break then, can you just say "I'm not going to do this anymore" and then you are done? Or is it more like an addiction, where you need an intervention, LOL? Can people be a habit?

I have a habit of texting someone, I feel like if I stopped this habit, then I would never hear from or see them again. It is a habit that I don't want to quit for selfish reasons. Is it a bad habit? I don't think it's a bad habit. Is it a good habit? I don't think it's a good habit. It's just a habit. And for some reason, I can't put it in my head that if I never heard from them again, then it was a friendship that was just meant to end.

I have a habit of picking at the skin on my lips. This is a bad habit that I wish I could stop. My lips always look horrible because of it.

An acquired mode of behavior that has become nearly or completely involuntary, that would be my gutter mind. It just comes to me, I have no control at all. I don't know how this behavior started. Do I want this habit to stop? Not really :P .

I guess that about covers habits. I need a Rockstar... that could be a habit too.

0 comments: