BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Concussion?

I think that I have a concussion. All the symptoms lead to that.

Almost 2 weeks ago, I was reading to Zach, I got up to get something & when I came back, as I was going to sit on the bed, I hit my head on the wall, right at the really hard part at the back of my skull. I hit it so hard that my head bounced off the wall & the girls heard it all the way in their bedroom. But since it didn't leave a bump or hurt for more than a minute, I thought nothing of it. The very next day was when I started feeling like this.

WebMD

What is a concussion?

A concussion is a brain injury that is caused by a sudden blow to the head or to the body. The blow shakes the brain inside the skull, which temporarily prevents the brain from working normally.

Some people have obvious symptoms of a concussion (such as passing out or feeling lightheaded), while others do not. With rest, most people fully recover from concussions within a few hours to a few weeks.

On rare occasions, concussions cause more serious problems. Repeated concussions or a severe concussion may require surgery or lead to long-lasting problems with movement, learning, or speaking. Because of the small chance of permanent brain problems, it is important to contact a doctor if you or someone you know has symptoms of a concussion.


My symptoms:

  • Feeling lightheaded, seeing "stars," having blurry vision, or experiencing ringing in the ears.
  • Not being able to stand or walk; or having coordination and balance problems.
  • Feeling nauseous or throwing up.
  • Changes in your ability to think, concentrate, or remember.
  • Headaches or blurry vision.
  • Changes in your sleep patterns, such as not being able to sleep or sleeping all the time.
  • Changes in your personality such as becoming angry or anxious for no clear reason.
  • Lack of interest in your usual activities.
  • Changes in your sex drive.
  • Dizziness, lightheadedness, or unsteadiness that makes standing or walking difficult.
That is exactly how I feel. Do you think it could be a concussion?

I just hope I feel better soon *sigh*. I do not want to go to the hospital to have it checked out, I just want to feel better .

0 comments: