BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Breathing a sigh of relief.

So, many of you know what kind of Panther fan I am.  And what kind of Zednik fan I am.  Sunday night during the game at Buffalo there was a horrible accident.  Our captain Olli Jokinen was checked & as he went down his leg went up & Richard Zednik who was on the prowl for the puck was cut on his neck by Olli's skate.  It was horrible, just horrible!!!  I was in the kitchen when Cheyenne yelled "Oh My God Oh My God Zednik is hurt!!  Cut bad!!".  I ran to the living room just in time to see him skating to the bench.  My heart nearly stopped seeing all the blood.  And then to see him stumble as they headed down the tunnel.  I was so incredibly worried.  I really thought he might die.  So, I stalked the Panthers website & message board all week long.  I even started posting.  I looked up pictures, I looked up videos, I even watched the saved game on my DVR, I finally deleted it last night.  I was so consumed by it.  But of course as the week has gone by & the updates have gotten better & better, I have relaxed.  It no longer consumes me anyway.  The people on the message board are calling him "Richard the Lionheart". 

I think because it is just absolutely amazing that he was cut so severely, the surgeon said his carotid artery was severed to the point it was "hanging by a thread", and yet he managed to skate to his bench, to the aid of medical personnel.  They have said that if it wasn't for his quick thinking & the response of the medical staff at the arena, he could have died.  Yea, hockey is a rough sport & these guys are tough but this is the kind of accident that rarely happens.  Or at least when it does, it is rarely life threatening.

So, the latest update, Zed should be released tomorrow, well, today, and heading home to South Florida!!!  

The love & support that has come from the whole NHL fan nation for the Zednik's, the Panthers & the fans has just been amazing.  I have to say that hockey players are a whole different breed of man & hockey fans are in a class all by themselves.  It is just amazing!! 

I think this quote from an Oilers fan says it best, in my honest opinion.......

"Nobody holds a candle to hockey players when it comes to class and toughness. In what other sport can you get slashed with a blade, clubbed with a stick, beaten to a pulp by a goon, run into walls, thrown down on hard ice -- all the while freezing your behind off -- and shrug it off to come back every two days and do it all over again?"

Anyway, in honor of Zed, I made this collage thing.

zedcollage10 copy 

I have started playing around with Photoshop alot more.  I still have alot to learn with it but here are a few things I have made.  After the collage, I made Cheyenne a sig.

Sig for Cheyenne

And then I made this Go Cats thing.

gocatsgo2

And an avatar, but I am not using it because Cheyenne doesn't think it is good enough I guess :P .

catav1

And my favorite thing I made, my new sig for the Panthers message board.  I was so freakin' excited about this :P .

catsig3

Oh & I also made Quinn's banner.

finalquinnbanner copy

The next thing I am going to work on is a sig of the kids for GBM. 

Okay enough of that.

I had some more to talk about but crap, it is nearly 4am.  I'll get back to this tomorrow.

Oh, the Panthers won tonight, 4 to 2 against the Capitals!!  We needed that!! 

Nite my friends!! 

0 comments: