BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bad mom, that is I.

Okay, maybe not a bad mom.

The kids, all 4 of them, including Emily, Shari’s daughter, played outside all day long. From like 9:30am until 5 or so. And Cheyenne & Emily are now sporting very very bad sunburns. They all wore bathing suits all day & played in the water. So, they are badly burned pretty much all over. You would think after 14 years in Florida, I would know better. But I guess I was thinking that it is still only March, it isn’t quite that hot yet. *sigh* So, Cheyenne is sleeping on the couch tonight, feeling quite miserable. Briana & Zach have some red patches that will most likely be tan tomorrow. I think they need to stay inside tomorrow, they naturally disagree, but have promised that they will NOT go outside without sunblock. We will see how it goes tomorrow I guess.

I went to Rack Room shoes today & bought myself a pair of Nike’s & a pair of sandals. The 10’s seemed too small so I got the 11 but I am so afraid it is too big. I walked my 3 miles. I was sore & didn’t feel like I could walk as fast for some reason. I am really hoping it is just because I am still breaking these sneakers in. But I made myself do it. However, I am slightly discouraged. I am looking through this book that Shari checked out from the library, Walking For Dummies. According to this book, the walking I am doing is lifestyle walking. And it is really just going to help me maintain a healthy lifestyle, not really help me lose weight. That is very disappointing. So, I guess in order to really start losing the weight, I need to incorporate a work out video a few days in my week. But still continue with the walking. There just aren’t enough hours in the day. *sigh*

The plan for tomorrow, you won’t believe this, is to go to the laundromat up around the corner from my house. Colleen, our neighbor, told Kid the girl that works there asked her if she knew anyone looking for a job. So she asked Kid if I might be interested. So, I am going there tomorrow to ask about the hours. I
have to admit, I am very nervous about going to talk to her. It's not really a job interview so much but it feels like it. So, it looks like I might be getting a job, if the hours work out for me. Right now, while Kid is at home, I can work pretty much any hours through the day. But when he goes back to work, I’ll only be able to work from 8 to 12. I have mixed emotions about this, obviously. But for the most part I am kind of hoping I get it. It certainly would be nice to have my own money again. Not that it would be mine until Kid goes back to work. Everything would go back into the house for now. But I guess there is no point really thinking about it right now, I have to go there first & who knows she may be looking for someone at night, which I absolutely refuse to do. So we shall see.

Okay, I was watching We Are Marshall, I better get back to it now so I can get it done & get to bed at a decent time. I want to stop in at the laundromat on my walk tomorrow morning.

Nite all!!

Oh, and just so you know, I will be posting on both blogs but I will be posting the same thing. So if you read it here, don't bother checking over there.

1 comments:

Emily Brown said...

Anjie, the kind of walking you are doing is too gonna help you loose weight! ANY excersize is!
Good luck on the job hunt.