BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Job update.

So, I left here a little after 12 for my walk. I stopped in at the laundromat up around the corner from my house & asked the woman there if they were looking for help. She said not that she knew of & I heard her say as I was leaving "unless they are looking to replace me". I called Kid & he told me I was at the wrong one, doh! He told me the one down on 4th street. So I move on down the road.

I have to say, before walking down there would have seemed so far & I wouldn't have ever done it. I was only a few blocks from Blockbuster & I thought to myself, next time I go to Blockbuster, I am walking. Then I almost walked to the library too, which wasn't far from where I was either. I was not tired or winded. And all that in itself was an accomplishment. I did not go to the library because I did not have my wallet with my card. Plus I still wanted to go to the park to walk & didn't want to be stuck carrying a book.

I had actually been psyching myself up for a job. And I had even convinced myself that getting an evening job wouldn't be too bad. I could work 5 to 10. Still be able to fix dinner for everyone. But I just thought of something, I would never see Cheyenne. She doesn't get home until 4:30 :( . I can't do that. Never mind, scratch that *sigh* .

So, I went in to the 4th Street laundromat. It is dirty, it is an all night laundromat. Half the machines were broken. And there were homeless people all over. Believe me, I do not have a problem with homeless people, I could be one someday. But I am always being asked for money, ALWAYS. I don't have it to spare right now. Anyway, I couldn't find the girl anywhere. I asked 3 different people. I stood there for a few minutes. Then the phone started to ring & she came out of the bathroom. She was not friendly at all. I asked her if they were looking for help & she also told me "Not that I know of". I have not given up, I am going to ask my neighbor what lady & if she could get me her phone number or the best time to go in. But I refuse to work nights at that laundromat.

So, on my merry way I went. I jumped on the trail a bit before the 3/4 mile mark. So I walked it 3 complete circles, from the start to finish marker. Plus that little bit extra. So, I believe I walked 4 miles today. Plus I did the fit stations through my second mile. I am feeling quite good. My feet hurt but not quite as bad. I want to get one of those gel inserts, I think that will help alot.

I think you are right Shari, I put way too much thought into & read too much online, confused myself & then got desperate & got something that I thought would be fine. Sneaker shopping sucks.

The kids feel better today. They did play outside for a little while. But I put TONS of sunblock on them, they were white. I know they weren't outside for long at all though, so I think all will be well. Cheyenne didn't play outside at all today. Poor girl is hurting!!

I have a confession that I am not quite ready to disclose yet. So, I am off to get this dumpy ass apartment clean & then I may be ready to confess, or maybe not.

Bye all!!

1 comments:

Emily Brown said...

Well keep trying places. I know 2 landromats in my small town that are hiring lol. I just noticed the signs out!