BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Can't take it anymore....

The girls closet is infested with palmetto bugs/water bugs/whatever you want to call them (but I AM NOT calling them cockroaches). I think it is because the a/c is in there so there is gaps or something, an easy way for them to get in. But it is stressing me out so bad!!!! I am very very close to bombing this apartment even though I am so against all the chemicals. But I just can't take it!!

We have been in a cleaning frenzy the last 2 days & I am not done. I want to get it all clean. I sorted through 6 bins of toys, plus some other various containers of toys. I got together 2 big black garbage bags of toys to go out plus 2 bags of garbage. I put all his books on the shelf, sorted all the cars, toy tools, little animals, blocks, legos, lincoln logs, etc etc etc, into the right spots. I am trying to get it to a point where it is easy to keep cleaned up. I have also been working on dishes off & on. I even got my dining room table completely cleaned off & I even folded a load of laundry the other night on my nice clean table!!!

Cheyenne cleaned too, without me even asking her. And the other 2 ran outside to play, without helping. I was so mad. Today I treated Cheyenne to lunch & then we went to the movies. We saw Horton Hears A Who. It was pretty cute. I am not into kids movies at all so this was a last minute decision. I wouldn't say it was worth the cost of admission :P however the time with Cheyenne was worth it. We had a good time. However, I sat through the whole movie thinking about how much Briana & Zach would have enjoyed it. So, that took a little of the fun out of it. And Briana was pissed when she found out. But I just told her how mad I was at her for not helping clean.

I really need to try to spend time alone with each one of my kids once a week. Preferably more but I'll take what I can get. I really think they benefit from that. Even Zach who usually shrugs me off for daddy or hockey or whatever else may catch his attention. After his last appointment he asked me if we could go to the library after & I said we will see. But I really just wanted to go home. So I told him we would go to the library another time & he said "Just you & me, alone?". I said we'll see. I think he was remembering the time we went to the library & Walgreens after & we were alone together for awhile. He actually gets some alone time with me during the week because he gets out of school before the other 2. Cheyenne gets some alone time with me because she stays inside alot. Poor Briana only gets a few moments alone with me when I walk to get her after school. I just don't think that is enough I guess. Ahh well, something else I need to work on I suppose.

I better call it a night. It's getting near 5 & I really want to get some more cleaning done tomorrow. Shari & Emily are supposed to come over. I read on the Panthers message board that supposedly we have free Center Ice this weekend. I guess because of a free preview for MLB, whatever they call it for the baseball channels. We were supposed to go to Shari's to watch the game on her Center Ice but if we have it, we will be staying home. We listened to the game on the radio tonight. Thankfully the announcers on the radio are hilarious so they make listening on the radio fun. Our goalie made a great save & Randy Moller yelled out "Call the cops!! He was robbed of that goal!!"!!! Or about one of the many penalties called on us, he yelled "That's horse feathers!!" . And they both said "They are diving all over the ice!" about the Carolina Hurricanes, which we call them DiverCanes. Okay, enough hockey talk, I know no one cares about that. Just think after tomorrow night, the Panthers will be golfing so it will be time to change my layout & start watching movies again, woohoo!!

Night all!!

0 comments: