BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friday night, what's going on?

Nothing going on here. My computer has crashed. So I am on a borrowed computer. While I am so incredibly thankful to my friend for her sacrifice, though it wasn't a big sacrifice as she 1. does not have internet access & 2. is completely computer illiterate, it is a such a pain in the ass. It will not let me delete emails. It will not let me post a regular blog here or on myspace. It is slow and it closes windows when I am in the midlle of something. But the biggest bummer, my webcam does not work :( .

However, on the upside, I applied for a credit line with Dell last night and ordered a new tower. I totally regretted it after I did it. Because I do nothing on a small scale, nothing at all. It's like I don't want to believe that we cannot afford something or I want to live higher than our means. So, I quite regularly throw caution to the wind and do something totally on impulse. And ordering that tower was a total impulse buy. And I kept hoping they would deny me the credit. So, here are the ins and outs of my new computer then I will tell you how much it cost.





Dell XPS 420, Intel Core2 Duo processor E6850 (3.0GHz,1333FSB) w/Dual Core Technology and 4MB cache

4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz

256MB Radeon ATI HD 2600 XT

500GB NCQ Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM) w/ 16MB DataBurst Cache

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, English

56K PCI Data Fax Modem

48X Combo and 16X DVD+/-RW

Sound Blaster Audigy MB Audio

Dell A525 30 Watt 2.1 Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer

Trend Micro PC-cillin InternetSecurity, English, 3-Year Subscription

Theres a bunch of other stuff on it, programs & warranty & stuff. Now none of this really means much to me, LOL, I am so technically clueless, it just all sounds good. The reviews on this system were great. And I figured while I had the credit, screw it, I'll get an awesome computer. So the total is $1,540.18. I can't fucking believe I am spending just over $1500 for a tower, just a tower!!!!! And because I had the credit, I said screw it & threw in a Microsoft Zune :P . So, I am excited, so excited!!!! And the best part of all, Kid is not mad & he agrees with me about spending the money on a really good computer.My other Dell lasted a long time & I think it would have lasted longer had I just left it alone & had someone else take a look at it. But oh well, I still have it, maybe I'll eventually replace the mother board & give it to the kids.

I actually had alot more I wanted to say but now I am drawing a blank. Maybe I'll be back later or maybe not, we shall see!!

0 comments: